Is your organization ready to make the switch from legacy to wireless networking? Transforming your business to be digitally ready is a big step, so it’s important to work with an IT solutions provider to map out all the available solutions before taking the leap. Read on to learn about the benefits of wireless networking and an overview of available solutions from Aruba.
Take a look at the benefits of wireless networking
Why switch to wireless networks when your legacy system is doing just fine? Amazingly, wireless networks offer the following six advantages when compared to traditional wired networks:
- Increased Mobility: Wireless networks allow mobile users to access real-time information so they can roam around your company’s space without getting disconnected from the network. This increases teamwork and productivity company-wide that is not possible with traditional networks.
- Installation Speed and Simplicity: Installing a wireless network system reduces cables, which are cumbersome to setup and can impose a safety risk, should employees trip on them. It can also be installed quickly and easily, when compared to a traditional network.
- Wider Reach of the Network: The wireless network can be extended to places in your organization that are not accessible for wires and cables.
- More Flexibility: Should your network change in the future, you can easily update the wireless network to meet new configurations.
- Reduced Cost of Ownership over Time: Wireless networking may carry a slightly higher initial investment, but the overall expenses over time are lower. It also may have a longer lifecycle than a traditionally connected network.
- Increased Scalability: Wireless systems can be specifically configuredto meet the needs of specific applications. These can be easily changed and scaled depending on your organization’s needs.
Aruba’s Wireless Networking Solutions
Mobile, IoT, and cloud are disrupting traditional businesses, and Aruba provides comprehensive solutions to help organizations make the transition from legacy hardware to become a digital business. [click to tweet] They provide the following four-step approach to adopting a mobile-first mindset for wireless networking.
- Optimize Wireless for Mobile and IoT
Mobile matters, so make sure your network is up to the challenge. Aruba explains, “Gigabit Wi-Fi is the foundation of the digital workplace. Aruba’s 802.11ac portfolio delivers an enterprise-grade, stable wireless solution so that mobile users can roam while accessing business applications and data. Enterprises moving to voice and video calling on Wi-Fi need their IT departments to design a wireless infrastructure that supports these apps at high density. This means increased network capacity and a boost in network efficiency, with fewer headaches for IT.”
- Prime Wired Infrastructure for the Future
Aruba has integrated with HPE to provide mobile simplicity in your network, since WiFi is being used more often than ever. [click to tweet] Aruba states, “Although a highly mobile workforce means that the majority of users will connect via wireless, the surge in IoT devices and the increasing use of Wi-Fi bandwidth means that the wired infrastructure is critical, too. HPE Smart Rate technology incorporated into the new Aruba 3810 and 5400R switches allows you to raise the data rates to 2.5Gbps, 5Gbps, and even 10Gbps. With multigig capability on all of its ports, the 3810 series enables IT departments to futureproof their network infrastructure as new, higher capacity wireless technologies emerge. This transition will continue over the next few years.”
- Preemptively Protect Against Network Issues
Minimizing disruptions to business activities is crucial, so Aruba is ready to preserve your organization’s workflow by predicting and planning for issues before they arise. “Aruba’s AirWave software is a powerful tool for not only monitoring your entire access network but also improving user experience with rich analytics. As the number and adoption of mobile devices and IoT increase in the digital workplace, the first thing that stands in the way of scalable growth is the lack of tools and resources for network operations teams to maintain visibility to all things connected and the network infrastructure.”
Instead of just troubleshooting after issues arise, problems are predicted and handled immediately, translating into fewer outages and providing always-on connectivity for today’s 24/7 global businesses.
- Employ Smart Policy Management to Secure Your Network
Managing your network is as important as its anatomy. “The Aruba ClearPass Policy Management Platform allows IT to assert and enforce trust on every user and device on the wireless, wired and VPN network. Through its integration with Duo Security and ImageWare systems, it enables stronger mobile device and app authentication. Through real-time interaction with third party security solutions, ClearPass offers automated threat protection and recovery for devices that represent risk, with minimal hands-on IT interaction. ClearPass works across multivendor networks by replacing outdated legacy AAA with context-aware policies. It offers profiling, BYOD and guest onboarding services, and integrates with MDM, EMM, firewall, and SIEM solutions from other vendors. Massive scalability and load-balancing ensure that ClearPass will meet your evolving business needs.”
Transitioning your network to wireless isn’t just a shift in technology use; it represents a culture shift to become a modern digital business. Organizations that implement this approach will see lower operating costs, productivity boosts, increased flexibility and will be able to attract and retain top millennial talent. Want to make wireless networking work for you? Contact the WEI team today to get advice from a true IT solutions provider!
Stay tuned for more information on wireless networking, where we’ll dive deeper into some available solutions for your enterprise. In the meantime, find out how your wireless network is performing with a wireless network assessment from WEI.