With the expansion of the Internet of Things, the BYOD movement and emerging wireless technologies, you may be realizing its time to invest in a more modern approach to networking security in order to stay competitive, and secure, in the global environment.
Regardless of the industry in which you serve, as you take your organization into the digital landscape, security should be a top priority. When integrating the numerous technologies and devices that that make up your unique digital network, there is often a potential vulnerability that can be exposed. Whether this concern has been holding you back from the digital transformation movement or you need to take your security up a notch, Fortinet Security Fabric is the answer you’re looking for. Keep reading to learn how it can help your enterprise’s security.
What is Fortinet Security Fabric?
The Fortinet Security Fabric is a single security system that weaves together technologies that are deployed across the digital network. These technologies include access points and endpoints as well as email and web applications, merging open standards with a common operating system. Fortinet then takes the solution further through the addition of advanced threat protection technologies and a unified system that correlates, manages, orchestrates, and analyzes the security of your enterprise applications.
Fortinet’s fabric-based security is built on three keystones:
- Broad. With data and workloads going between multiple devices, form factors and network ecosystems, visibility and protection need to be broad and extend across the entire digital surface. IT teams need a holistic view into devices, traffic, applications and events, and the ability to stop a threat anywhere in that chain. Fortinet Security Fabric unifies physical networks, IoT, mobile devices and users, and complex multi-cloud environments for IaaS and SaaS.
- Integrated. With Fortinet Security Fabric, you’re able to integrate devices using open standards, common operating systems and unified management platforms to enable the sharing and correlation of real-time threat intelligence. This also supports the coordinated detection of advanced threats through sophisticated, centralized analytics that are difficult or impossible to achieve using traditional security deployments that are isolated.
- Automated. Everything happens faster in the digital realm, including security attacks and breaches. Fortinet Security Fabric automatically provides continuous trust assessment and then provides an immediate, coordinated response to detected threats. Even more, Fortinet is able to adapt as network requirements and configurations change.
8 Enterprise Security Elements supported by Fortinet Fabric
In order to ensure that Fortinet Security Fabric is broad, integrated and automated, they have built their solution around the following eight elements.
1. Network Security. With the expansion of enterprise networks extending beyond traditional boundaries and cyber criminals growing more sophisticated with their attacks, Fortinet’s suite of high-performance firewalls is the first line of defense of any organization.
2. Multi-Cloud Security. As technology evolves, more enterprises are embracing digital transformation and moving to a multi-cloud strategy; however, this can make security more difficult. The Fortinet Security Fabric seamlessly integrates virtual and physical cloud solutions to extend across your distributed cloud deployment.
3. Web Application Security. One of the most common weak points in a network are unprotected web applications. The FortiWeb web application firewall deploys detection and protection technologies, as well as advanced intelligence, to secure web applications from cyberattacks.
4. Email Security. While unprotected web applications pose a serious security threat, email proves to be a primary point of entry for malware. Cyber attackers use infected attachments, malicious links and scams to convince the receiver to click on, and execute, the attached malware. The FortiMail secure email gateway analyzes both incoming and outgoing email, blocks malicious messages and attachments, and prevents sensitive information from being exposed.
5. Secure Unified Access. With wireless networks becoming the new norm and more devices requiring access to it, securing business communications, personally identifiable information (PII), mobile devices and a variety of user demands it is an important element that is often a weaker spot in the network’s security. Fortinet’s secure access solutions deliver protected Wi-Fi that is fully integrated with your network security protocols and policies.
6. Endpoint Security. Networks need to support a highly mobile workforce and a growing array of personal devices connected to the network. These devices often don’t share threat intelligence with the rest of the network, which makes it difficult to see if a device is infected, and slows down threat response. FortiClient allows IT teams to integrate a layer of automated endpoint security into the Security Fabric for faster and more comprehensive network protection.
7. Advanced Threat Protection. Today, threats are designed with multistage attacks, complex attack paths and the ability to mimic legitimate processes. FortiGuard Threat Intelligence helps companies combat these threats delivering real-time intelligence on threats, while Fortinet sandboxing solutions are able to detect unknown threats, isolating and inspecting suspicious files.
8. Management and Analytics. Visibility and control are more important than ever for enterprises who have invested in a digital workplace. It is crucial that IT is able to see any threats, no matter where they are on the network. Fortinet solutions collect and correlate data from your Fortinet and fabric-ready security products to provide the visibility necessary to manage security and orchestrate automated responses.
Are you ready to step up your enterprise’s security with Fortinet’s Security Fabric? As a long-time VAR and partner of Fortinet, WEI knows Fortinet solutions inside and out. Contact us today to learn how Fortinet can help fill the gaps in your enterprise security strategy, or potentially become your end-to-end complete enterprise security solution.
NEXT STEPS: Looking for insight on how to ‘up your security game’ to meet the needs of your organization’s digital transformation initiatives? We invite you to check out the Fortinet Solution Guide, What to Look for When Addressing Digital Transformation Security Requirements. Read it today!