A recent WEI study says that 64% of IT leaders cite improved data security for their organization as their top objective over the next 12 months. And for good reason. As technology continues to evolve, it’s not a matter of if an enterprise will have a ransomware attack but when it will happen. With technological advances, it’s not just enterprises that benefit — cyber criminals do as well.
Because of this assumed risk, it is not enough to only have the right technology in place; your enterprise must have a tried and true disaster recovery (DR) strategy laid out ahead of time. Veeam DR Orchestrator complements industry best practices to provide your enterprise with the strategy and technology it needs to safeguard against ransomware attacks that are costly to your data and public reputation.
Five Ransomware Best Practices
When putting together your enterprise’s disaster recovery strategy, here are the five best practices to protect against ransomware.
- Identify: Determine what environments exist, the risks associated with those environments, and how they impact your enterprise.
- Protect: Understand what you’re protecting your enterprise against so you can develop appropriate safeguards and contain the impact of potential ransomware attacks.
- Detect: Accurately and efficiently identifying ransomware will help ensure your team creates an effective and timely action plan.
- Respond: Develop and implement actions to take in a detected cybersecurity incident. The faster and more effectively you respond to a threat, the faster you can stop it in its tracks, mitigate its damage, and reduce any potential financial impact.
- Recover: In the event of an attack, timely recovery to normal operations reduces the impact on the enterprise. Make sure you maintain plans for resilience and restore any impaired capabilities or services due to a cybersecurity event.
Your Enterprise Disaster Recovery Strategy
Your enterprise’s disaster recovery strategies must be thoroughly documented and tested to ensure their effectiveness. This is something Veeam Disaster Recovery Orchestrator does automatically. With this tool, your mission-critical workloads with near-zero recovery point objectives (RPOs) to applications that have been neglected due to a lack of resources can be included in an automated disaster recovery process.
By deploying DR Orchestrator as part of your enterprise disaster recovery plan, your cybersecurity team will have the improved ability to:
- Reduce Risk. DR Orchestrator is a simple, powerful tool that has proven its ability to manage a disaster recovery plan through testing and documenting risks.
- Save Time. Free your IT teams to focus on other mission-critical areas in your enterprise. DR Orchestrator can automate the most time-intensive aspects of disaster recovery planning, such as creating and updating documentation and testing.
- Restore Confidently. From a single app to an entire site, with DR Orchestrator, you can meet RPO and recovery time objective requirements with one-click failover, failback, and restores.
Veeam’s DR Orchestrator Capabilities
DR Orchestrator’s robust feature set reduces risk, saves downtime, and restores data with:
- Automatic documentation. Generate and create dynamic disaster recovery documentation to prove readiness and compliance.
- Automated testing. With zero-impact disaster recovery tests, scheduled or on demand, you ensure required recovery time objectives and RPOs can be met.
- Application verification. After a recovery event, common enterprise applications are examined to verify they are running as expected.
- Role-based access control. You control the level of access app owners and operations teams have.
- Instant test lab. With the instant test lab, you can utilize disaster recovery resources for patch testing or anything else without impacting production.
- Wizard-driven planning. Quickly build comprehensive disaster recovery strategy plans for apps and sites that are automatically updated and verified.
- One-click recovery. With just one click, you can recover single apps or an entire site from anywhere.
Put Veeam DR Orchestrator To Work For Your Enterprise
With comprehensive support for enterprise applications and infrastructure, Veeam DR Orchestrator can take your disaster recovery strategy to the next level with its robust suite of features. WEI will help you through the process and create a customized solution to protect your enterprise against ransomware. Contact WEI today to get started.
Next Steps: Download our NEW tech brief titled “Secure Backup: Your Last Line of Ransomware Defense.” It further explains the 5 mentioned steps for a proactive and secure backup strategy.